- Pre-enrolled Slimline Touchpad – a vivid 7” touchscreen for complete control, with wall mount, tabletop stand and battery backup.
- Three pre-enrolled NanoMax Door Window Sensors.
- Pre-enrolled Pet Immune Motion Sensor.
- Installed M1 LTE Cellular Card (Verizon or AT&T)
- Installed Z-Wave Automation Card.
- Video, Z-wave automation, and smartphone app control.
Self-monitored security systems are exactly what they sound like, they are alarm systems you technically monitor yourself. The key advantage is the cost savings over a pro-monitoring plan while still retaining the modern interactive features that Alula and the Alula Connect smartphone app provides. This includes not only notification of alarms and trouble issues received on the app, but you can also remote arm and disarm your security system plus control Z-Wave home automation and video options as well.
In areas where police response can be very slow the motivation for central station dispatch may not be very strong. Many people just want interactive control of their alarm and home automation devices.
Keep in mind “you” are responsible for calling your local police, fire, or medical departments in the event of an emergency at home with self-monitoring. If you miss the app alert on your phone or out of a WIFI or cellular service area an emergency may not be acted upon, at least in a timely manner. This is why we always recommend 24×7 pro-monitoring to customers.